RE: Won't engage gear upon start up

To: "Justin" <spartan0199@hotmail.com>,
Subject: RE: Won't engage gear upon start up
From: "Quinn, Patrick" <Patrick.Quinn@det.nsw.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 13:11:42 +1000
 G'day Justin

It has to be remembered why the bulk of the 6-cylinder cars have 2 extra
seats. It's because DMH wanted to increase the market for the car to
people with families. That is for the owner who has kids. There was also
an option child seat available for the 4 cylinder cars.

If someone said that an Austin-Healey is too dangerous for kids to ride
in I would say that they should get a life and see what happens in the
real world. They probably wouldn't let kids [play in the dirt to and
spray every single inch of their homes with cleaner and disinfectant. No
wonder kids these days are so prone to illnesses.

My kids are grown up now but when younger they were riding around in the
car from the time they could sit up. I know of owners who have bought
their new born babies home from the hospital in their Austin-Healeys.

Does this way of thinking piss me off? You could say that.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia

1947 Healey Duncan Saloon
1954 Austin-Healey 100 BN3/1 (with seat belts in the back)