Re: kids in car

To: "Austin-Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: kids in car
From: "John Snyder" <helyjohn@cablespeed.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 18:23:13 -0700
In the early 1970s our family car was a 1960 BT7.  Our very young son was
happy to ride in one of the rear seats.  Seat belts were not an issue.  But
then he grew legs.  We drove carefully, and he loved it.  I still own this
car, still unrestored, original.  As he grew older, he learned what a sports
car could do, driving up and down the south enterance to Mt Diablo State
Park in the SF Bay area, (with seat belts).  Local patrol said " don't know
how fast you were were going, but you better slow that thing down.".  Not
only could you smell the brakes, you could smell the tires.  He demands
First Right of Refusal if I ever decide to sell it.  What a great memory!

John Snyder