100-4 originality questions....

To: Healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: 100-4 originality questions....
From: Fiat500f@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 01:38:40 EDT
Hello again Healey heads,
Two more originality questions for ya.
1.  Getting ready to paint the dash on my friends 1095 100-4.  I  need help
with identifying the
     correct silver to use on the raised area around  the gauges.  I went to
my local automotive
     paint supplier and he showed me three pages (!) of  silver paint chips.
The dash in my
     friends car was covered in cheesy vinyl to hide  holes previous owners
had cut into it and
     there was no paint on it, so i don't really  know what shade of silver
it should be.
     Suggestions?

2.  The door seal (also missing on this car).  So it seems from  the Moss
catalogue that there
     are three pieces per door; (1) along the  bottom, fastened to the door,
(2) vertical at the
     front of the door, fastened to the body, and (3)  at the rear of the
door.  I can't tell from any
     of the Healey books I have where that seal goes;  on the door or body?

That's it for now.  Knowledge please.

Paul B.