Re: Dip Stick Method for Gas level

To: Dave Carpenter <d.carpenter7@verizon.net>,
Subject: Re: Dip Stick Method for Gas level
From: "P.J.Aeckerlin" <j.aeckerlin@tiscali.nl>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 10:04:52 +0200
Well, Dave, when I bought my first car somewhere around 1958 it was a
Citroen 2CV, the "Ugly duckling", which at that time must have been
about 5 years old, and that car had a dipstick as a part of the standard
equipment. It was a very simple car indeed - the windscreen wipers were
driven by the speedometer cable so if you stood still the wipers didn't
work . To overcome that problem you could pull a small wheel next to the
speedometer and turn the wheel - that way you could wipe manually.  The
seats were each held by one wing nut, so if you had a break for lunch or
so you just took the seats out. And they were very comfortable as well.
Oh, glorious times of simple automobiles!
Jack Aeckerlin, The Netherlands
1964 BJ8 29432 under reconstruction