Re: Which way to go

To: "D HALL" <dthall@btinternet.com>
Subject: Re: Which way to go
From: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 09:05:33 +0800
David -

BJ7s are a little more powerful (from the factory) but are also
heavier.  The Centre change gearbox is defintiely better, it leaks
less.  The downside of the BJ7 is it uses HS6 carbs, which I find
difficult to adjust the fuel mixture.  The upside of HS6 carbs are
they are the simplest and most bullet proof carbs SU made.  Once set
properly, they are set for life.

There are essentially three different versions of the BT7, Mk1,
Mk2sideshift, and Mk2centershift.  The Mk2 tricarbs are finicky with
HS4 carbs... hard to adjust like the HS6s... you have to know what you
are doing to maintain it in good running order.  The earlier Mk1s are
simpler with twin HD6s (which are my favorite SU carb).  But my
preference is for the later Mk2 grill, but both are pretty in my book.
 The other upside of the BT7 is you have space in the doors for stuff.
 The BJ7 doesn't have door pockets, other than a thin one for about 3
pieces of paper.

Best Regards,

Alan

'53 BN1