Re: squealing noise from wheel

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: squealing noise from wheel
From: "Frenken, Eric" <efrenken@lctax.de>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 10:21:25 +0200
I just wanted to say thank you to all who responded to the problem, which is
gone now. The most important hints came from people telling me to check
whether the problem is with the bearings or whether iut's just a brake
squealing.

So I thought to check the easy things first and took out the brake pads. Then
I spun the hubs to make out any abnormal noise. None. Grabbed the rotor and
wiggled it in either direction. No play. Cleaned the brake pads and the anti
squeal shims, which had 'baked together', smeared them with a special anti
squeal grease, put everything together again and problem was solved.

Took the car to a 10 miles ride yesterday evening and running and braking was
quiet as never before. Hope this stays (knocking on wood).

Thanks again to everybody who took the time to help. I appreciated that very
much.

Eric
Heinsberg/Germany
www.brits-n-pieces.com

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/x-pkcs7-signature which
had a name of smime.p7s]