Re: 100-4 assembly advice please...

To: <Fiat500f@aol.com>, <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 100-4 assembly advice please...
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 08:19:01 -0500
Paul, I am not a carpet layer or uphosterer but have done a little of that
type of work, so since I see no other ansers will try to help.  You are so
very right about using a drill on the carpet, not a good idea.

Identify the spot for the hole with the carpet in place, pull the carpet up
just a little bit and make a hole with a sharp knife,  two very small slits
in the form of an X.

Now take a Sharpie pen (or other fine pointed permamanent marker) and poke
it through the hole and mark the metal I am assuming from your description
you need to drill.

Alternative maybe better is to push a punch through the hole and make a
small indentation in the metal, then you have the spot marked and the drill
bit won't wander as you start the hole.

Pull the carpet back and drill the metal and you are ready to go.

Greg Lemon
54 BN1