Trafficator disassambly

To: healeys@autox.team.net;, healeybj8@aol.com;,
Subject: Trafficator disassambly
From: dgschwind@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2006 21:15:57 +0000
Hi, Listers,
    I'm in the final throws of solving my "mystery horn" blowing. It is
internal to the trafficator and its harness. The trafficator and stator are out
of the car, and I'd like to disassemble the unit. I have an old email from
healeybj8@aol.com, and one from byers@cconnect.net. Both talk of "bending" the
tab on the bottom locating plate of the trafficator to allow rotating the base
mounting plate for access to the securing screws. Steve cautions "don't
actually bend it. You can pry it up out of it's "slot" enough to rotate the
plate." Wow! The tab on mine sticks through the base mounting plate by 5/16in.
Does the base mounting plate actually bend to allow the tab to come out and can
I bend it back after for reassembly?
    I've gone through diagnostics of all of the wires up to the strg. column.
I've also checked the air horn system and can't find a fault. I can't imagine
what in the trafficator/harness is sensitive to brake
applications/decelleration, but hopefully I'll find it! Thanks in advance, I'm
contemplating disconnecting it and shouting loudly!
PANDORA has treated me well until the trip to conclave and I don't remember
opening any box, either.
DON  BJ8   Pandora