Loose spring eyes

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Loose spring eyes
From: Dave & M <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 10:46:05 -0700
Hi folks,

I replaced my BN2 rear springs with new Moss springs. The arch & ride
height are correct & they work well.

Problem is that  the clips which hold the short ends of the extra wrap
around spring eyes are not riveted to the spring leaves, & there is some
clearance between wrap around eyes & the main leaf eyes. The extra wrap
around eyes on the ends are loose & cause a slight but very annoying
rattle when going over small road bumps.

I have temporarily driven aluminum wedges, .060" thick, between the
extra eye extensions & the spring leaves to tighten things. This removes
the rattle, but I'm wondering if there is a better way to solve the problem.

Regards,
Dave Russell
BN2