RE: loose spring eyes

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: loose spring eyes
From: ZManDino@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 23:58:45 EDT
Dave,
I had the same problem when I replaced the rear springs on my BN7. I tried
slipping wedges between the leafs without success. When I had the car up on a
friends lift, he suggested slipping a small piece of thin lead that comes in
sheets, (perhaps 1/8" thick) between the leafs. I don't know where he got the
lead from, but it worked! We placed a large C clamp around the leafs to lock
them
in place, then removed the bolt from the clip ends that was rattling. By
releasing a little of the pressure from the C clamp we could then slip the thin
sheet of soft lead between the leafs. After retightening the clamp we could
replace the bolt in the clip. The clip was now tight and the rattle gone.
Perhaps
this can work for you.

Alex
BN7 MK1