RE: Drive dog nut

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Drive dog nut
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 06:09:07 -0700
My starter motor had no problems shearing the washer locktab and unscrewing
the nut when I was adjusting the valves and using a large spanner to turn
the motor.  I forgot about the wrench being on the nut and used the starter
relay button once to bump the engine.  Next thing I knew, the nut was
unscrewed.  Not a recommended way of doing it, but it worked for me  ;P

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA