Re: SV: OD Concern----revised

To: bispmotala <bispmotala@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: SV: OD Concern----revised
From: Dave & M <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 13:25:25 -0700
The Borg Warner OD was vastly more simple without all of the hydraulic
pumps, valves, etc. - thus a lot more reliable & lower cost than the
Laycock. It was strong enough to handle some very heavy cars. It's only
real disadvantage was that it wouldn't shift into OD under power. "If"
that is a disadvantage!

The two speed axle was rather weak & prone to breakage.

Dave Russell