Re: AH BN1 / A90 Atlantic Crossover help

To: Alan Seigrist Blue 100 <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: AH BN1 / A90 Atlantic Crossover help
From: John Harper <AH@jharper.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 19:39:13 +0100
Alan

The track rod ends SHOULD be the same so long as you have the correct
female track rod on your BN1; not the later male version. There have
been a few problems on the BN1 with thread length into the track rod
itself. Quite a few owners have had to shorten both the track rod and
the ends slightly to obtain correct tracking. You might also have the
same ends on your Atlantic side tubes. These were original adjustable on
the Atlantic but may well have been replaced on your car with fixed side
tubes.

I am not aware how early you Atlantic is. Later models certainly had the
same 1" rear cylinders assuming of course that your BN1 has a 4 stud
spiral bevel rear axle. However early Atlantics did not have the same
rubber piston seals. They had a sort of metal cover arrangement. Also
some very early Atlantics had mechanical rear breaks with no rear wheel
cylinders. I suspect that you don't have one of these. You should be OK
fitting rear, early BN1 wheel cylinders to your Atlantic but as these
are very expensive I would suggest a more detailed check before any
purchase.

--
John Harper