RE: Dual Master Cylinders

To: <Awgertoo@aol.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Dual Master Cylinders
From: "Michael Salter" <msalter@precisionsportscar.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 09:37:27 -0500
Actually Michael it is not that complicated.

I use a Tilton dual master cylinder system on AHX12 and can easily bleed the
brakes alone using 2 bleed tubes, one on a rear caliper bleed screw and the
other on a front caliper bleed screw.

Important things are:

1.       The tubes are a good fit on the bleed nipples.

2.       The bleed screw threads are in good condition.

3.       The ends of the tubes remain immersed in the fluid in the catch
bottles.

4.       You are very careful to ensure that fluid in the reservoirs does
not get too low.

A far superior method is to use a pressure bleeder on each master cylinder
seperately, but I don't have a cap adaptor for the Tilton reservoirs.yet.

Michael Salter

www.precisionsportscar.com