Re: intro, BN2 manuals, timing

To: "Steven Newell" <steven@newellboys.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: intro, BN2 manuals, timing
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 10:53:46 -0600
Steve, welcome to the list, I drove a 4A as a daily driver until about 1990
when it got downgraded to hobby duty and I got a first generation RX7, those
were the days.

As to the manual question, there isn't much in the way of aftermarket
manuals for the BN1-2 other than the factory manual, and there were come
companies that reprinted the factory manual in the 60s, I have an original I
keep in the house and a reprint of the original I got for like $5 on E-bay
that I keep in the car/garage for actual work.

There must have been more manuals printed than cars made because it seems
there is always a factory manual or two on E-bay, though I haven't checked
today.  The reprints come up less often, another good book is Glenn's Austin
and Austin Healey book, which comes up on E-bay cheap as well.  The original
manuals go for $30 on up usually.

Sounds like you have the Chilton (or Clymers) book which only covers the 6
cylinder cars.

Greg Lemon
54 BN1

Here are a couple of good sites: