RE: BJ8 Calipers

To: "Michael Salter" <msalter@precisionsportscar.com>
Subject: RE: BJ8 Calipers
From: "Bob Brown" <BlkBt7@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 16:34:20 -0600
Michael,
Yes, looks like a bit of a job to get the pistons out. My wife did the
seals and started the pistons, she is not going to be happy :)

I just went to the garage to check the pad fit. The pads issue is not a
piece of torn seal, appears the pistons are just not quite all the way
into the caliper and it is a tight fit for the calipers.

At least I know for sure the bolt patterns for the 16P and 14 are
different and I haven't tried rebuilding one with the wrong parts.
Something to start with. Now the grease gun, darn.
Thanks,
Bob