Re: Oils - We've reached consensus

To: <Jnhorn@aol.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oils - We've reached consensus
From: "Bluechipracing" <bluechipracing@snet.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 12:13:36 -0500
  Hotshoe Jon's oil experience at Watkins Glen is impressive, and I can
testify that he has no mercy on his BJ8 racecar.   However, I just looked at
the Amsoil website, and their SYNTHETIC oil seems to have reduced  ZDDP
additive like the other manufacturers.  They state:

  "AMSOIL XL Synthetic Motor Oils are friendly toward modern emission
control systems, helping improve catalytic converter service life for low
exhaust emissions."

  Best to check the API "Donut" on the bottle. If it states "Energy
Conserving" it is no good according to Keith Ansell.

  Jim Smith