Re: Oils - We've reached consensus

To: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Oils - We've reached consensus
From: "Bluechipracing" <bluechipracing@snet.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 23:58:37 -0500
  Good point, Alan.   It seems most motor oil manufacturers have several
different products, so we need to be careful to look at the specifications and
properties of a specific oil before passing judgement, not just the brand
name.

  In the Amsoil example, It appears that  AMSOIL SAE 20W-50 Synthetic High
Performance Motor Oil (ARO) would be OK in our old flat tappet engines, but
AMSOIL XL Synthetic Motor Oil would not.

  In any case, I'll be checking the API donut on all the oil I use.

  Jim