Re: Batterie voltage

To: gilbert gauthier <comkanuk@cgocable.ca>, HEALEY MAIL
Subject: Re: Batterie voltage
From: bspidell@comcast.net (Bob Spidell)
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 17:57:57 +0000
Gilbert,

Check this out:  http://www.batteryuniversity.com/partone-13.htm

Based on this, the minimum charging voltage for a 12V (6-cell)
battery is 13.56V.   Looks like you're just below that @ 1,000RPM,
but you'll probably charge OK at higher revs.  I'm guessing this is
typical for a Healey, but I don't know for a fact (anybody?).

If you used a DVM (digital voltmeter), the reading may be a bit
low--closer to RMS--because the output of the generator (dynamo)
is "ripple-y" (not a smooth, straight line on an ocsilloscope).
Just for kicks, set the DVM to read "AC," then multiply the result
by 1.4 (or divide by 0.7) and see what you get.

bs

From: gilbert gauthier <comkanuk@cgocable.ca>