RE: rear differential bearings

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: rear differential bearings
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 16:58:22 -0800
Hi, Lin -
I had my Lempert gears installed in 2002 with about 100,000 miles on the
original differential.  The shop that installed the gears said the bearings
looked fine, so they reused them.  After 32,000 more miles, I have not had
any problems with either the differential gears or bearings.
I agree with Bob.  If your bearings look and feel O.K., they can be reused.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA