RE: Healey on Ebay

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Healey on Ebay
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 14:17:04 -0800
Could be.  There are a lot of scams on eBay involving Healeys now.  At least
the seller gives the VIN.  If it were a BJ8, I might have some data to
indicate whether it's a scam or not.

This one could be a scam, too:  110073689357
The car sold on eBay in November 2005, and it appears that the current
seller (in Hawaii!) is using the same photos showing cars with Virginia
plates in the background.  The description sounds a little odd, especially
the bit about eBay recommending a VIN of all "1s".  I've written to the
seller with some information that should make him bite, and if I don't get a
response I will conclude it's a scam.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry