Re: Healey on Ebay

To: msalter@precisionsportscar.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Healey on Ebay
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 17:16:52 EST
In a message dated 12/31/2006 5:08:03 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
msalter@precisionsportscar.com writes:

Does  this look for real? Looks a bit fishy to me.
Item number  230072547880

One thing I wonder about is that this auction, like a few others I have
seen, does not show any info re bidders but says rather:

"As the internet evolves, eBay continues to strike a balance between
preserving transparency and protecting our Community of members. eBay has
decided to
change how bid history information is displayed so bad guys cannot  target
bidders with fake offers using this information. In certain cases, some
bidders
will no longer be able to view Bidder User IDs on the Bid History page.  Your
User ID will be shown only to you and the seller of the item you're bidding
on. Other members will see an anonymous name, such as Bidder 1, applied
consistently to the Bid History page."

This is not the case on other auctions that I just searched--this seems
suspicous to me though perhaps there is some option selectable by the  seller.
Does anyone have info on this?

Best to all for 2007--Michael Oritt