Re: Chock Slipping

To: "Alan Schultz" <alan@andysnet.net>, "Ned Smith"
Subject: Re: Chock Slipping
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 09:48:43 -0600
"Ned,
 My choke cable locks in place by twisting the knob once I pull it out.
 Doesn't your cable have the same feature?
 Alan
67BJ8"

I think most if not all do have this feature, but not all are created equal
and some either lose their holding power over time or never has it in the
first place.

Sometimes DPOs or even DCOs put extra springs in the linkage to make sure
everything returns home after choke is pulled out, if this is the case it
will not help matters in pulling the choke out, or keeping it out with the
lock mechanism.  Of course if you have extra springs and remove them you
will have to make sure that the mechanism all still moves freely and does
what it is supposed to do.

Greg Lemon
54 BN1