Re: Chock Slipping

To: "Ned Smith" <smithn00@kitepilot.net>
Subject: Re: Chock Slipping
From: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 07:27:44 +0800
Ned -

If you remove the cable and pop off the little spring cylinder around
the cable shaft on the back side of the dash, there will be a little
metal half-moon (sort of like a woodruff key) in there, this is the
thing (with the spring cylinder) that puts pressure on the cable.

Usually twisting the cable when it's out is the best way to hold it,
but if this doesn't work, then you should put a little piece of metal
to replace the half moon, with a little piece of metal that's a little
bit bigger... then the cable will hold in place.

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1
'64 BJ8