RE: [Off] Interesting tool trivia

To: "John Sims" <ahbn6@optonline.net>, "Steve B. Gerow"
Subject: RE: [Off] Interesting tool trivia
From: "Quinn, Patrick" <Patrick.Quinn@det.nsw.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 11:29:10 +1100
 G'day Tool Fans

I was going to mention that we drive all year round in Australia too but
have decided against it.

However tool trivia does remind me of a BBC comedy series that was on TV
during the 1970s. It was called Ripping Yarns and written by Michael
Palin and Terry Jones not long after their Monty Python days.

It was set around a number of tall tales but true that kids of the '50s
would have read in boys annuals and the like. Some of the names were
Escape from Stalag Luft 112B, Murder at Moorstones Manor, Across the
Andes by Frog and The Curse of the Claw.

They all appealed to my slightly perverse sense of humour but the one I
liked the most The Testing of Eric Olthwaite. It was set in a mining
town is darkest Yorkshire and featured Palin as the world's most boring
person Eric who in his early '40s still lived at home with his parents.

Eric's life took on a new direction when he bought a new shovel. So now
in addition to his favourite subject of precipitation he also talked non
stop about his shovel. In fact he talked about it so much that his
parents ran away from home so he went to his neighbours and told them
about his new shovel.

It really is boring trivia.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia

Ps. Have I told you about the new funnel I was given for Christmas?