RE: Annaul overdrive snafu

To: "'Mark and Kathy'" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>,
Subject: RE: Annaul overdrive snafu
From: "Don " <don@anglesey.us>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 10:17:54 -0700
Mark,
The whole point of the throttle switch is to move a cam in order to open
the points and break the electrical current, nothing more and nothing
less.  Be it 1/5 more or less, it could be measured in several areas if
you see fit, gas pedal travel would be my first guess; I just use
measurement given in the shop manual.  Did I measure mine, No, does it
work, well yes.  I set mine as described previously and fine adjusted by
testing it.  I have heard that some of the aftermarket switches have to
be set horizontal but have never seen it personally.  This switch
doesn't have any mystery parts lurking inside and I am amazed at how
misunderstood it is, take one apart and look.  The best diagrams and
info on the subject have been presented by Norman Nock Ref.   Austin
Healey Magazine April 1993   AND    page 15, 230 in his Tech talk. If
you don't have this book get it because it is a must have for any healey
owner.
HTH
Don
57' BN4