Re: Annaul overdrive snafu

To: "Simon Lachlan" <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>, "'Healey List'"
Subject: Re: Annaul overdrive snafu
From: "Bluechipracing" <bluechipracing@snet.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 14:02:10 -0500
  Simon:

  I think your problem is still in the adjustment of the throttle switch.
You can verify this without running the car of touching the switch.

  With the ignition switch on,  switch the overdrive switch on.  Don't touch
the gas pedal yet. Move the shift lever back and forth left to right several
times while in neutral....you should hear the OD solenoid click in and out.
Now turn the OD switch to the off position, key still on.  Again move the
shift lever back and forth left to right several times while in
neutral....you should still hear the OD solenoid click in and out.  Now,
with the shift lever in the third or fouth gear position, slowly depress the
gas pedal.  The solenoid should drop out about 1/5 throttle. You have to
listen very carefully to hear this.  Depress the gas pedal to the floor, and
release.  Moving the shift lever now should not cause the solenoid to
operate.  If your system does not respond as described above, then you need
to adjust the switch (if, as you say, the rest of the system is functioning
properly), following the instructions in section G12 of the 6 cyl shop
manual.

  Jim