Re: LBC's can give you a Warm Fuzzy Feeling

To: "Len and/or Marge" <thehartnetts@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: LBC's can give you a Warm Fuzzy Feeling
From: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 14:44:28 +0800
Len -

Great stories!

FYI a great place for Healey / Golden Gate pics is in the Marin
Headlands on the first road that goes up from the bridge on the left
hand side when leaving SF going north.

On that road you can pull off on the shoulder and you will be able to
take a picture of your car with the whole GG bridge behind it, and
nothing in the way to block the view.  Best time to do it is on a
sunny weekday mid afternoon when there aren't so many tourists...
Sept/Oct tends to be the best, and light is best in the mid afternoon.

Just be careful... about a year before I moved to HK some guy parked
his brand new $100K Porsche up there but forgot to set the parking
brake and the thing went down the mountainside.  It was so steep that
the CHP had to contract a Huey to get it out of the canyon, it was too
steep for a tow truck winch.  That meant that not only did he total
his Porsche, he also got a bill for $20K to fish his car out of the
weeds with the Helicopter!

Best,

Alan