Re: California bans dirty emissions

To: "Bob Spidell" <bspidell@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: California bans dirty emissions
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 20:38:48 -0600
" California is making (at least) a symbolic effort to address climate
change induced by greenhouse gas emissions.

What is your state doing?
 bs?"

Actually since you asked I sat in on a legislative hearing today to increase
existing income tax credits for renewable energy production.

The example discussed was a hog feeding operation and energy was produced
from methane the methane from hog manure, or pig poop if you will, I don't
have my notes, but if I recall correctly 8,000 pigs produced about 500,000
kilowatt hours of electricity a year.  Also less stench and pollution from
the processed pork byproduct.

The credits would also apply to wind, hydro, etc.

Greg Lemon
54 BN1
Nebraska