RE: Y'all

To: 'Tom' <tomfelts@earthlink.net>, 'Tracy Drummond'
Subject: RE: Y'all
From: John Sims <ahbn6@optonline.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 10:29:38 -0500
All of this just shows how great and diverse this country is.

In New York:
Houston is pronounced as if it was spelled house-tun

Loews is pronounced as if it was spelled low-we

Then there is the infamous pronounciation of  ask as if it was spelled axe.

Don't ask for regular coffee unless you want it with milk and sugar.

Then there are the countless names for a hero -- grinder--sub--etc.

We have friends from NYC, who when visiting, us tell their friends that they
are going way out into the country even though we can clearly see Manhattan
from the top of a hill in a park a mile away.

Frame of reference is interesting.

The same can be said for any country. For example, is cockney English
understood throughout England?

John Sims, BN6
Aberdeen, NJ

www.healey6.com