Re: Need some help

To: "WILLIAM B LAWRENCE" <ynotink@msn.com>
Subject: Re: Need some help
From: healeydoc@verizon.net
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 16:18:50 -0800
Please remember that there is also a new set of rings and the cost of
a good used piston.

So assuming a good set of Deves rings approximatly  $100.00 to
$150.00 a good used piston the same as what you have if you can find
a match approx $50.00 Then balancing the pistons only $125.00, you
also should re size the used pistons to get the correct piston
clearance cost approx $100.00

Now if you install a new set of pistons and re bore so all is correct
the costs would be approx Pistons  $425.00 re bore $150.00 Total cost
approx $ 575.00

So how much are we actually saving here by not doing it right the
first time. Approx $150.00  Now this is also assuming that you are
removing the engine in both repairs.

I also understand that cost of parts in the Healey motors is not
trivial. But when you look at the value of the cars isnt it worth
doing it right and enjoying the car over many trouble free miles.