Re: poor brake pedal

To: conbreda@eircom.net, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: poor brake pedal
From: Warthodson@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 09:22:34 EST
I helped a friend bleed his brake system recently & we were having a problem
getting a "good" pedal, too. We found that we were not getting all the air
out, even though we thought we were. Apparently, when we were pumping the
brakes
we weren't being "forceful" enough to dislodge all the bubbles of air. In
other words, the brake fluid was simply passing by some of the more stubbornly
trapped bubbles & not causing them to move. Eventually, we became more
aggressive
in our pumping & were surprised to get some additional bubbles long after we
thought we had all the air out of the system.
Gary Hodson