Re: USING 2 TWELVE VOLT BATTERIES

To: <bj8healey@juno.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: USING 2 TWELVE VOLT BATTERIES
From: "TERRY COLL" <coll44@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 15:26:06 -0500
If you "connect the positive cable from my car to the positive terminal of one
battery. Then connect the negative cable from my car to the negative terminal
of the OTHER battery. To complete the circuit I would then run a cable from
the unused positive terminal on one battery to the unused negative terminal on
the OTHER battery" it will give you 24 volts at the same amperage of the
batteries.

If you "cable the two batteries together -- positive to positive and negative
negative then attach the car cables as usual, positive cable to a positive
terminal and the negative cable to a negative terminal." it will give you 12
volts at double the amperage.

Why not use a single battery of higher amperage or connect up you two
batteries with a marine battery switch which would allow you to switch between
the two batteries or draw from both at the same time?

R/Terry '64 BJ8