BJ8 Door Handles

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: BJ8 Door Handles
From: Charlie Frazer <cfrazer@jcomm.uoregon.edu>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 23:52:51 -0700
I'm getting around to refitting the interior handles to the doors of my
car.
On the window regulator, I know there is an escutcheon, a spring and a
plastic cup in addition to the handle.
Is there a trick to compressing all this enough to drive the pin into
place?
What do people use to replace the original pins since they are NA in
the catalog?
Concerning the interior door handle, I recently looked at another phase
2 BJ8 that appeared to have a spring behind the door handle as well.  I
can't see this in the Moss catalog and wonder if it was original.(?)
Thanks for your suggestions and advice.
Charlie Frazer