Traffic Stops in Healeys (was First drive)

To: "Bob Danielson" <75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>,
Subject: Traffic Stops in Healeys (was First drive)
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 18:16:04 -0700
I got pulled over by a Woodside sheriff's deputy for a lecture about
watching out
for bicyclists (I'm usually pretty considerate, unless they're total
jerks).  Anyway, I'm
dead certain I never exceeded the speed limit (if I recall it was 45mph
at the time, pretty
fast for a windy 2-lane).   Have had bicyclists, pedestrians and
equestrians yell at me
to slow down--when I was doing the speed limit.

I think Healeys just look--and sound--like they're going faster than
they are.

OTOH, I've been caught dead to rights several times--inc. with
radar--and have
only one written warning to show for it (that time I let the speed creep
up on a
downgrade while I was rubbernecking--and admitted it).   I like to think
the cop
figures you're not going to trash a car like that and cuts you some slack.

bs