Re: Alternative fuel pump

To: "'Healey List'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Alternative fuel pump
From: "M Lempert" <mlempert@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 11:11:42 -0400
Thanks to all who contributed to my fuel pump post.  I have dug into the web
pages with the data provided and have come up with some information.  While
some folks are using the higher pressure Facet pump (4-7 PSI) with success,
it appears that the lower pressure version at 1.5-4 PSI is the more
appropriate for our cars.  While the pressure is less, the flow rate is more
than sufficient. Facet/Purolator actually has an application chart on their
website that lists Austin - Austin Healy (sic).  In most of the posts on
this subject NAPA part numbers are shared. I think it will be helpful to
know the Facet/Purolator brand product part number as this will be a
constant throughout retailers.  The recommended part numbers are FEP 42SV
for the Facet cube style, and FEP 04SV for the POSI-FLO style unit. The
Purolator labeled pumps use numbers PRO 42SV and PRO 04SV respectively.

You can learn about the products and see the application chart at their
site:
http://www.facet-purolator.com/mcl/pages/frame_src/tech_frmsrc.html

It appears that the pumps are available at Advance Auto Parts and PEP Boys
in addition to NAPA.

Regards,
Mike Lempert