RE: bj8 windshield assembly

To: "'George Haywood'" <haywoodone@hotmail.com>,
Subject: RE: bj8 windshield assembly
From: "rjhco" <rjh@hockertlaw.us>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 19:55:37 -0500
It's time to reassemble the windshield on our 65 bj8 with new gaskets and

packing pieces, etc.

George:

Base on my experience, I'd take the pieces to a windshield installation
company and have them put it together.

I did it with the help of two assistants.  The tips that I have, if you
decide to tackle the job, are:

1.    tape the gaskets onto the windshield with long pieces of masking tape.
Once the assembly is complete, use a razor blade and cut the tape under the
edge of the chrome.  Leave the hidden portion of the tape in place;

2.    Use liberal amounts of Simple Green to lubricate the rubber pieces
that have to slide into the channels;

3.    Have at least one and preferably two helpers to hold the assembly in
place while you tighten the corner screws.

For me, it was like trying to wrestle a wet Python into a rubber sock.

Best regards,

Jim Hockert

BJ8 Open Roads Rallye

Dallas, TX