Re: Colorado 100/4 on the road: fuel filter question

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Colorado 100/4 on the road: fuel filter question
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 03:36:26 -0700
Fuel filter isn't a bad idea--though I don't use one and have never had
a problem in
24 years; just kept the tank clean--but the original post wasn't about a
few flakes
of rust, but lots of "silt."  His filter could clog repeatedly, possibly
at some very
inopportune times.

The tank should be cleaned out, and while they're at it new flexible
fuel lines are
in order (a filter at the tank or fuel pump won't stop chunks of rubber
from disintegrating
fuel line getting into the carbs).

bs