Re: Fuel pump problems persisting

To: healeys@autox.team.net, e-type@jag-lovers.org
Subject: Re: Fuel pump problems persisting
From: "scott willis" <ahpowered@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2007 19:23:14 -0500
Dang.

I drove the E hard today but wanted to get the Healey out too since I have
been on the road with work for over a month and a half and the dang Healey
will not go in gear.

In neutral-ish it seems to be in 3rd or 4th. I got it out of the garage and
drove it around the yard and around the house. Now it is locked in a 3rd-ish
position. It will start and run fine with the clutch in. When I let it out
it just puts on a load and dies yet it will not move. Zero movement. I
cannot move the shift lever even if I rock the car hard back and forth. This
has happened in traffic and I would just jiggle the shift lever and all
would go back to the standard pattern and I would wipe my brow and move on.

Now my E-Type is trapped outside because my BN7 is blocking the garage and I
cannot push it even with the clutch in. I jacked it up and spun the rear
wheel forward. The other side spins backwards! Hmmm.

Any ideas on what to do next besides unhook the diff and push it around
until I can pull the tranny? My job is really in the way right now.

Vroom, vroom,

Scott Willis
Mashed 60 BN7 AH Club USA
59 MGA