BJ7 QUESTIONS

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: BJ7 QUESTIONS
From: "scott@scottjgraham.com" <scott@scottjgraham.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 03:07:40 -0700 (PDT)
  I have just had the bottom end of my BJ7 motor rebuilt and have a couple of
questions:
    - Car still runs hot in traffic - even after Redistripping, ceramic coating
of the extractors, a new radiator and have a Nock fan etc.  Issue surfaces when
driving in traffic or heat and then stopping or slowing. Temp climbs quickly
from running level of ~185 toward 200 until I take off when it drops again with
airflow.  Where to next? Thermostatic fan? Oil cooler?

  - Gearbox gets notchy when hot - in the above conditions, the gearbox oil
also heats up and the changes become quite difficult - hard to select 1st.
Gearbox normally is super smooth and was recently out and checked as OK. Does
anyone use an oil cooler on the gearbox? Any other thoughts?
  BTW, based on list feedback, I have made a couple of successful changes of
late:
    - I have fitted Dynamat on my floor and tunnel and together with the
ceramic coating of the extractors and exhaust, this has substantially reduced
heat in the LHS floor area.
  - Bought a long arm for my rear view mirror to raise it so I can see above
the hood when down - is adjustable and looks much better than the pedestal
bocks.
  - Rear trafficator adaptor - bought from Holden - much better quality than
the Japanese 2nd hand units I bought locally - but later found the same parts
elsewhere for about half the price.
  - Trafficator head rebuild - using instructions sourced from this list I have
successfully rebuilt my unit and at last have self cancelling indicators.

  Thanks all for the help.