Re: Cooling Update, Part Two

To: "M Lempert" <mlempert@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: Cooling Update, Part Two
From: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 10:56:16 +0800
Mike -

I had the exact same experience with a pusher fan 10 years ago - took it out
and noticed immediate improvement in cooling.  Went with the Nock's metal
hayden type fan and have never had a problem since.

The problem with the electric pushers is they put the pancake motor right in
the middle of the radiator, and right in the middle of the air stream on our
healeys.  I've never understood why they haven't been able to use a narrower
longer motor rather than these stupid fat pancake motors... but then again a
more normal motor would probably add to clearance problems as these are
universal application products.

One option I have considered is to mount up late model ('78-'80) US spec MGB
pusher fans - these have the flexibility of mounting out of the primary air
flow on the radiator and with their more traditional motor design, should
not cut off that much air flow.   Also, I think the CFM on these fans are
quite good because of the big traditional motor they use.

Glad to see you got everything sorted.

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1