Re: [Healeys] Napa, Pumps, and Filters (sort of long)

To: Editorgary@aol.com, Norman Cay <normcay@volcano.net>,
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Napa, Pumps, and Filters (sort of long)
From: <bighealey@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 12:37:25 -0700
I have used them for about 5 years.  I have had a failure on the old square
bodied pump that came with the car.  I switched to the plastic bodied pumps
which are quieter.  I run two in series wired on a three position toggle
(on-off-on) which provides theft protection, on demand back up and a way to
shut off the pump when working on other electrical things.

I have never had a SU pump as the car did not have any banjo fittings or pump
when I bought it.

These little faucet pumps are all I have know on this car.  One thing that I
have been told in that they need to be placed very close (and lower if
possible) to the liquid source, avoid running dry.  This means placing them in
the engine bay is a temporary emergency measure only and should not be
considered a permanent location.

BTW Gary the Pebble Beach Sports Car Club guys and gals say hi!  Good dinner
last night.