Re: [Healeys] Napa, Pumps, and Filters (sort of long)

To: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>, Norman Cay
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Napa, Pumps, and Filters (sort of long)
From: Richard Hosmer <rahosmer@citlink.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 19:04:56 -0700
I (and my old tricarb) must lead a charmed life.

My ORIGINAL (it's a one-owner car) 1962 SU pump is still working just fine.
The car was garaged (admittedly in a benign climate) for 15 years, during 10
of which it was not run at all, and NO (I'm stupid, too) special pre-storage
precautions were taken, at all. Initial fire-up, after pulling plugs and
oiling the cylinders, then installing new plugs, included about two minutes
of coughing and spitting, but the pump ticked over as soon as electricity
was supplied to it.

I've been following this and similar threads, since I KNOW it will not last
forever, but, just for grins, how many other listers still have their
original pump, working?

Dick Hosmer