Re: [Healeys] Wheel/Tire mounting

To: "Kenny J" <theswed@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Wheel/Tire mounting
From: "Alan Seigrist" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 18:51:10 -0700
Kenny -

Oh my god.  I would not tolerate that.  Using a putty knife to remove
weights is a bad sign - every tire shop has the weight remover tool... it's
a stock tool for any tire shop.

Even the cantonese guys here who can't speak a lick of English here in Hong
Kong in the corner tire shop next to the fish markets will know how to break
down a tire off a wire wheel and they all know what an inner tube is...

As a suggestion I always make sure that I watch what they are doing on the
first tire, I will insist on standing in the shop watching the work.  If I
get a whiff that they did not know what they were doing I would yell bloody
murder after the first tire.

Definitely take it up to the boss/owner of the shop and give him a piece of
your mind.  The workers he has in the shop are definitely are a bunch of
jerks.

Give it to British wire Wheel, http://www.britishwirewheel.com/ - they are
very very good but for my money the best man in the business is Alan Hendrix
http://hendrixwirewheel.com/.  You should see the beautiful Daytons he
prepped and mounted tires on for my BN1.

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1
'64 BJ8