Re: [Healeys] Dash board screws

To: wericars@aol.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Dash board screws
From: "Alan Seigrist" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 18:42:42 +0800
Bill -

That screw is a chrome plated pozidrive oval head screw.  There are
very few phillips screws on BJ8s, they are mostly pozidrive.  If you
want to be original, it's best to find them used if you can.  Usually
our UK suppliers will carry posidrive screws in stock.  BCS should
have them too.

FYI you should never use a phillips screwdriver when working on your
BJ8.  Go out and buy a nice set of POZI scredrivers and POZI bits -
phillips heads will ruin the pozi screws that came with your car.
Trust me, once you start using pozi screwdrivers with pozi screws, you
will never go back again to the lousy phillips screwdriver standard.

Best Regards,

Alan

--
Alan