Re: [Healeys] Top Trunnion Needle Bearings

To: Dave Russell <rusd@sitestar.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Top Trunnion Needle Bearings
From: bspidell@comcast.net (Bob Spidell)
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 16:29:07 +0000
Hmmmmm ... it just occurred to me that I was thinking of the WRONG
bearing.  I now believe this is in reference to not to the upper bush--which
is actually in the stub axle--but to the disk-shaped beaing in the trunnion
(duh).

Anyway, these might offer some benefit (especially considering Dave's
comments).  My question would be how to lube them regularly, or do
they need it beyond a good grease pack at installation?

And why couldn't U-joints just use bushes?

Intriguing.

bs

From: Dave Russell <rusd@sitestar.net>