[Healeys] Re - indicator lights blink too fast

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Re - indicator lights blink too fast
From: mike brooks <hypercubic@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 15:30:24 -0700 (PDT)
Hi John,

The flasher unit is rated at 42Watts because each bulb should be
21Watts (2 X 21 = 42). Other wattages (either more or less) will affect the
flash rate on these electromechanical flasher units. Modern ones are
electronic and the flash rate is unaffected by the bulb wattage. As far as I
know all replacements flasher units sold for the Healeys are the old
electromechanical type.

Incidentally, the early cars (certainly the 100) were
fitted with 36 Watt flasher units, when the available bulbs were 18 Watt.
Regards

Mike Brooks
'56 BN2
Milano, Italy

[Healeys] indicator lights blink
too fast

Hi Guys

Lucas has finally struck 7 years after the restoration.
The indicators on the LHS blink too fast. Both front and rear lights work
but
blink rapidly compared to the RHS.

I understood that if the indicators
blinked too fast it meant that the load
was down and typically a bulb was out.
On inspection I noticed that the Lucas flasher unit was rated at 42watt yet
the only bulbs we can buy are 32 watt. Can you buy 42 watt bulbs in US?

Any
help would be appreciated as I have only a week to go to finish
preparing
the
car before departure to The Classic Adelaide Rally.

regards from west oz
John Rowe
1959 3000 BT7