Re: [Healeys] valve stem seals

To: "'Brashear, Jack, N'" <JNBrashear@garverengineers.com>,
Subject: Re: [Healeys] valve stem seals
From: "Michael Salter" <msalter@precisionsportscar.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 12:24:54 -0500
Hi Jack,
It's not that difficult. This is the way I have done it, although I must say
that the original "O" ring seals seem to work perfectly well and the top hat
style probably isn't necessary.
Remove the rocker shaft.
With one piston down the bore feed about 12" of sash cord into the spark
plug hole.
Rotate the engine until it stops jamming the cord up against the valves and
stopping them from falling down when you remove the valve springs.
Using the type of valve spring compressor KD2078
http://www.mytoolstore.com/kd/kdengi13.html
which grips the spring coils you can then remove the valve springs and
replace the seals.

Michael Salter
100 (1953)
AHX12 (1953)