Re: [Healeys] Proper starting procedure for a BJ8

To: "Jorge Garcia" <fortee9er@yahoo.com>, "John Loftus" <loftusdesign@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Proper starting procedure for a BJ8
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 23:37:11 -0500
Jorge,

I stand by my first suggestion. Did you remove the upper chambers and
pistons, and pull the choke cables out fully, then look down into the carbs
to observe how much the jets are actually pulling down? I'd bet they aren't
moving down far enough to allow a rich enough mixture.
Also, with the choke cables fully pulled out, try moving the choke levers
manually to see how much further they could actually drop the jets. With the
levers pulled up manually to their extent (and the carbs reassembled, she'll
probably start. There is often either lost motion in the lever to cable
linkages or a maladjustment of the fast idle levers and where they seat.

Rich Chrysler