[Healeys] Syntec Oil

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Syntec Oil
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 12:17:22 EST
In a message dated 1/18/08 9:00:24 AM, healeys-request@autox.team.net writes:

> Sounds like it's "regular" SYNTEC which, since it's also used with
> modern cars, would have to have reduced ZDDP in order to preserve cat
> converters.

Don't get me wrong here.. I am not promoting or endorsing Castrol (don't use
it myself -- I get a special oil through my mechanic Butch Gilbert).
BUT just to keep the facts straight, what I would point out for those of you
who don't want to go to the trouble and expense of ordering Amsoil or another
special oil (not that there's anything wrong with that)...
the website shows 20W50 Syntec oil in the marketing promotion that was quoted
on the MG list and 20W50 is NOT used in modern cars AFAIK. They all require a
much lower weight synthetic oil. Hence it is quite plausible that an oil
company might be putting different amounts of ZDDP in their different weights
of
the same brand of oil.
Just the facts, ma'am.
Cheers